R+CO COLLECTIVE | GET THE LOOK
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $50 AND OVER.
VERSACE FALL/WINTER 2014
Garren created a variety of styles for the new Versace campaign—and we at R+Co can’t pick a favorite. For the shoot, designer Donatella Versace and photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott wanted the women to be chic with a dominatrix-like edge, while the men were supposed to look like they were out partying all night long.
For the first shot, Garren explained that Anna Ewers was supposed to be very chic, almost mannequin like. “Stella was looking in at this put-together woman,” he said. “Anna has long, long hair that we had to make look dramatic and polished, and Stella needed to look very severe.”
Get the Look: Anna Ewers
1. Prep hair with DALLAS Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. If your hair is colored, Garren recommends using GEMSTONE Color Shampoo and Conditioner, and if your hair is thick, he suggests BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo. “You want the hair to be pliable,” he said.
2. Spray DALLAS Thickening Spray throughout wet hair, then apply PARK AVE Blow Out Balm from mid-lengths to ends. Blow-dry with the head flipped over to get more volume.
3. Set the top section of hair in electric rollers, rolling the hair back and to the side.
4. Curl the back and side sections with a 1/2-inch curling iron. “I wanted a lot of curl to shrink her long hair,” Garren noted
5. Brush hair out to a long wavy look, then apply OUTER SPACE Flexible Hair Spray to the bottom and tease. Roll the hair up and pin it to make it appear to be jaw-length. Garren offered another trick: Take a small Velcro roller and roll the hair over that, then pin it in and fan the hair over it to cover the roller.
6. Finish with more OUTER SPACE to keep the look in place.
Get the Look: Stella Tennant
2. Spray with OUTER SPACE.
3. Rub TINSEL Smoothing Oil over the surface for a high-shine finish.
Get the Look: The Men
1. Use MANNEQUIN on soaking wet hair, then layer on TINSEL as the hair is drying. “They were supposed to look like sexy club kids who had been out all night, so I wanted the hair to be very piecey and almost rope-like,” Garren explained.
2. As the day goes on, hit it with more
MANNEQUIN when you want to get a little more texture and heft but want the hair to remain flexible.
BAJA EAST RESORT 2015
Up-and-coming fashion line Baja East recently presented their Resort 2015 collection of slouchy, beach-to-bar separates in decadent fabrics for men and women. Hairstylist Neil Grupp maintained the brand’s unisex aesthetic while playing with a contrast in textures. “The inspiration was the feeling of a ‘70s middle part,” explained Grupp. “We kept the hair shiny on top with a dryer texture on the ends.” He fills us in on how to create this effortless, juxtaposed look:
1. Use ONE Prep Spray on dry hair from the roots to ends.
2. Apply PARK AVENUE Blow Out Balm from roots to ends.
3. Center-part the hair and blow-dry straight with a round brush. Shape the front with your hands.
4. Apply OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray and secure the hair with clips.
5. Spray DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo liberally all over the ends. “Using your thumb and forefinger, rough up the ends for a downtown grunge-like texture,” noted Grupp.
ALEXANDER LEWIS RESORT 2015
Alexander Lewis’s Resort 2015 collection took us to Palm Springs with clean, minimal separates in iridescent pastel colors. Lead stylist Joey George used R+Co products to create a sleek, graphic hairstyle with a sporty twist to complement the clothes.
Get the Look:
2. Apply JACKPOT Styling Crème from mid-shaft to ends for grip and blow-dry the hair straight.
3. Part the hair to one side and tuck the hair behind the ears. Use a rat tail comb to give a slight lift to the part.
4. Flat-iron the hair from the crown to just above the ends. Leave the ends natural for a cool, sporty vibe.
5. Set the look with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray.